GM DPS and PCAN-USB

This forum covers third party software that is for example developed with our APIs

GM DPS and PCAN-USB

Postby G.Lang » Wed 6. Jul 2011, 13:39

Newer versions of the DPS tool (for example Development Programming System Version 4.23.0.0) are not able to work with a correct installed PCAN-USB adaptor :o . When starting the software and using "GM LAN CAN" as active protocol the "SAE J2534 Interface" is empty.

gm_dps_tool_without_installed_j2534_dll.jpg
gm_dps_tool_without_installed_j2534_dll.jpg (277.64 KiB) Viewed 3534 times

To fix this :D it´s necessary to install the "J2534 DLL". Please take a look at the hint in the DPSREADME.txt
Tech2 J2534 DLL is no longer installed as part of DPS. As is the case with all
other J2534 devices, this .dll must be installed via its own installation package.

To get the necessary PCANJ2534 setup files please send us an email with the subject "Request for PCANJ2534.DLL for DPS"to "support@peak-system.com" (please avoid emails from privat accounts, only company accounts are accepted) and we forward your request to the DPS guys from GM/OPEL. It´s also possible to send an email direct to the DPS team (dps.team@gm.com)

After the installation of the PCANJ2535 is done the PCAN-USB adaptor is available
gm_dps_tool_with_installed_j2534_dll.jpg
gm_dps_tool_with_installed_j2534_dll.jpg (280.69 KiB) Viewed 3534 times

regards
Gunther
G.Lang
Support
Support

How to use GM DPS Tool

Postby samer.sameh » Sun 23. Dec 2012, 12:12

I'm a beginner in using GM DPS tool, I knew that I must build a DPS archive. Plus having some files like UTILITY and TABLE files.

So, how can I generate those files? and what is the benefit of these files?

Thanks in advance ;
samer.sameh

Re: GM DPS and PCAN-USB

Postby U.Wilhelm » Mon 24. Dec 2012, 14:01

Please contact the GM DPS Support. You get the support adress while you receive the software from GM.
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------
U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Return to Third Party Software