Attach multiple signals to object in Instruments Panel

Professional Windows® software to communicate with CAN and CAN FD busses and its add-ins: Plotter, CANdb Import, Instruments Panel, and J1939

Attach multiple signals to object in Instruments Panel

Postby kgibson123 » Wed 11. Oct 2017, 16:21

I'm currently using the Instruments Panel add-in with PCAN-Explorer 6. I'm trying to represent the X and Y positions of a joystick using a horizontal slider and a vertical slider. The J1939 message associated with this has signals for X Axis Position Magnitude, X Axis Positive Status, Negative Status and Neutral Status. It also has these signals for the Y axis as well.
Right now I can associate the horizontal slider with X Axis Position Magnitude. However, I would like to set the signals associated with the sign of the value as well depending on the position of the slider (use the slider like an actual x-axis with positive and negative values). Is there a way to do this?
kgibson123

Re: Attach multiple signals to object in Instruments Panel

Postby U.Wilhelm » Wed 11. Oct 2017, 17:35

You need to use a simple macro to calculate for each axis a internal signal that represent a simple value (-xx to +yy) which then could be used with a slider. For that you need to calculate this signal by using the different values of one axe. If you send us a email to our support[at]peak-system.com with your used serial number (do not post the serial number here !!) and the PGN Symbols, we could try to help you .
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------
U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Postby kgibson123 » Wed 11. Oct 2017, 22:40

Thank you for the reply. I think I figured it out now. I use a macro to create a signal and apply the slider to it. I then periodically check the value of the slider to see if it is a positive, negative or zero. Based on this I set the magnitude, and sign fields of my outgoing joystick message.
kgibson123

Postby U.Wilhelm » Thu 12. Oct 2017, 08:19

That´s exact what you need to do ! If you are interested in our Macro Sample package, send a short e-mail to our support, we could send you the download link. In the package you will find many scripting samples for the PE6.
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------
U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Return to PCAN-Explorer 6 & Add-ins