Software to Decode CAN Messages with PCAN-USB?

This forum covers third party software that is for example developed with our APIs

Software to Decode CAN Messages with PCAN-USB?

Postby clint » Thu 30. May 2019, 22:21

Hello,

Can you help me learn if there is a free to download and distribute software like PCAN-View that can be used to breakdown the CAN messages into the true data that they represent? I'm thinking something like a DBC file. I'm planning to pack about 30 diagnostics status messages into an isolated diagnostic CAN bus and I need a way that customers can open up this information and see raw joystick positions and similar things.

Thank you very much!
Clint
clint

Re: Software to Decode CAN Messages with PCAN-USB?

Postby U.Wilhelm » Fri 31. May 2019, 08:41

You could very easy build it by your own, using the Software API we give away with every CAN Interface.
(PCAN-Basic). Or you search on the Internet (Busmaster) for free Tools which support it.
But the best working choise is to invest some money for a proffesional Tool, like PCAN-Explorer.
When you want to make money with your customer, you also could spend some money, or invest time and write it by your own :mrgreen: . Not all is free in life...
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------
U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Return to Third Party Software

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy