Crafting Invalid Messages with API

This forum covers issues concerning multiple software products.

Crafting Invalid Messages with API

Postby dpastl » Tue 13. Oct 2015, 20:00

Hello,

We're testing a piece of equipment we're developing and want to test the ability to handle errors correctly. Is there a way with a Peak-can USB and the API to send invalid messages? An example of such would be one with an invalid CRC (Cyclic redundancy check) field. I looked around in the documentation but couldn't find anything saying either yes or no.

Cheers,
dpastl

Re: Crafting Invalid Messages with API

Postby M.Maidhof » Wed 14. Oct 2015, 09:42

Hello,

there is an error generator available when using the PCAN-USB-Pro FD and PCAN-View 4.x (see Error Generator Tab), but this feature is not available by API. A normal PCAN-USB don´t support that error generator feature.

best regards

Michael
M.Maidhof
Support
Support

Postby dpastl » Tue 27. Oct 2015, 18:42

Would it be possible to request this feature or have the documentation to enable it myself? We'd really need to be able to set up the generation of error messages in an automated way to make your product viable for the application we have in mind.

Cheers,
dpastl

Postby M.Maidhof » Wed 28. Oct 2015, 10:29

Hi,

yes, there are plans to develop an API for that feature in a future release of the PCAN-Developer package. But at the moment I can´t tell you when this will be released.

regards

Michael
M.Maidhof
Support
Support

Return to Software

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy