Uninitlize not consistant in PCAN-Basic

This forum covers issues concerning multiple software products.

Uninitlize not consistant in PCAN-Basic

Postby dpastl » Thu 12. Nov 2015, 22:36

Hi There,

I'm having a strange issue with PCAN basic, I'm attempting to uninitialized the PCAN-USB transceiver so that it stops transmitting ACK bits on the bus but this only works about 50% of the time. I've even gone so far as to repeat the call 50 times in a row but that won't make it work consistently.

I'm using the latest Linux drivers and the latest python PCANBasic.py file.

I'm initializing the channel using pcanObj.Initialize(self.Channel, self.Baudrate, PCAN_TYPE_ISA) and checking that the status returned shows that it was initialized. Then doing a bunch of reading with it. I then stop the reading and uninitialized the channel. Sometimes it will stop and sometimes it wont.

I've been playing around with this for a few hours and haven't been able to find a solution that's consistent. Is there perhaps a trick to doing this?

Thanks!

David
dpastl

Re: Uninitlize not consistant in PCAN-Basic

Postby M.Maidhof » Fri 13. Nov 2015, 09:19

Hi,

please post the output of cat /proc/pcan. Which PEAK CAN hardware do you use? Please tell us the serialnumber of your device.

best regards

Michael
M.Maidhof
Support
Support

Re: Uninitlize not consistant in PCAN-Basic

Postby dpastl » Fri 19. Feb 2016, 22:48

Hello Michael,

Sorry for the late reply, I forgot I had posted to the forum about this. I solved the problem by simply calling the Uninitialize function multiple times to ensure the unit disconnected.

I'm using the PCAN USB hardware. Serial number IPEH-002021 133737. The output of /proc/pcan is

*------------- PEAK-System CAN interfaces (www.peak-system.com) -------------
*------------- Release_20150729_n (7.15.2) Feb 17 2016 17:36:45 --------------
*------------- [mod] [isa] [pci] [pec] [dng] [par] [usb] [pcc] --------------
*--------------------- 4 interfaces @ major 248 found -----------------------
*n -type- -ndev- --base-- irq --btr- --read-- --write- --irqs-- -errors- status
32 usb -NA- ffffffff 002 0x001c 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x0000

Currently I'm not seeing the issue however so I've let this problem slip. It's one of those edge case tests that doesn't get run very often so the problem is not major for us.

Thanks!
dpastl

Return to Software

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy