Tracing CAN and LIN simultaneously

This forum covers issues concerning multiple software products.

Tracing CAN and LIN simultaneously

Postby Alex Buergel » Tue 5. Jul 2016, 08:33

Dear users of PEAK hard- and software,

this is my first thread in this forum.

We've got several PCAN USB-Pro (FD) devices, as well as PLINview Pro and PCAN Explorer 5.x.

In a recent project we have both LIN and CAN networks.

I am wondering if there is a way to trace frames for both networks in one single "trace file".

It is possible to use one channel of the PCAN USB Pro with PLIN view Pro while using the second channel with PCAN Explorer. However, when I trace the behavior of the networks, of course I end up with two individual trace files, which I later need to merge into one single file for further evaluation.

My question is: Is there any other solution? Is there any software available from PEAK which can handle both network types in one software? Do I need to write it on my own (I've been working with the well documented PCAN API)? :-)

Thank you and best regards,
Alex
Alex Buergel

Re: Tracing CAN and LIN simultaneously

Postby M.Maidhof » Tue 5. Jul 2016, 10:02

Hello Alex,

when you use two applications to trace the LIN and CAN messages, you will get two trace outputs for your messages. It will be possible to merge those files later. If you like to get it in one file, you have to build an own application, using the available CAN and LIN API, and save the messages in an own defined trace file. At the moment we don´t offer a tool which will save LIN and CAN messages in one trace file.

It will be possible to use both LIN and CAN channels independently by different applications or by one application.

regards

Michael
M.Maidhof
Support
Support

Return to Software

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy