PCAN-View with PCAN-USB Pro FD

This forum covers issues concerning multiple software products.

PCAN-View with PCAN-USB Pro FD

Postby dadefay » Thu 6. Jul 2017, 11:22

Hello,

I experiment a very strange problem :

My 250 kbps CAN bus has two nodes, a PIC32-based application and a third-party equipment; with only these two nodes connected, all seems to be working fine, the equipment follows CAN commands and the PIC32 detects no CAN error.

When the PCAN-USB is connected to the CAN bus (in listen-only mode), all is still working fine but PCAN-View misses a large among of messages; the PIC32 still detects no CAN error.

If I disconnect the third-party equipment and reconfigure PCAN-View for normal reception, it still misses messages, the log indicates different types of errors, mainly "Acknowledge delimiter"; and now the PIC32 detects transmission errors.

A timing problem seems obvious, but, this is why I told about a strange problem, all these troubles disappear if I switch the CAN bus to 1 Mbps !

Does anybody have an idea of what can happend ? Last (usefull ?) information, the PIC32 CAN modue is programmed as follows :
- Time quanta : 0.5 µs
- Propagation Time Segment : 1
- Phase Segment 1 Length : 3
- Phase Segment 2 Length : 3
- Sync Jump Width : 1

Thanks,
Didier
dadefay

Re: PCAN-View with PCAN-USB Pro FD

Postby U.Wilhelm » Thu 6. Jul 2017, 13:53

You need to setup all CAN nodes to the EXACT identical timing!
Open PCAN-View - sekect CAN-USB, use the Button right to the Bitrate Settings and select "Manage Bit Rate"
Build your own Setup for the PCAN-USB with exact the timings you use in you µC board.
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------
U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Re: PCAN-View with PCAN-USB Pro FD

Postby dadefay » Sat 8. Jul 2017, 18:50

Thank you U.Wilhelm. I don't know the exact settings of the third party node - they don't supply details other the the bus speed - but I solved the problem by adjusting the Sync Jump Width in the Manage Bit Rates dialog box. No more error is detected now.

Best regards,
Didier
dadefay

Return to Software

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy