Custom Graphical User Interface

This forum covers issues concerning multiple software products.

Custom Graphical User Interface

Postby Logan » Thu 3. May 2018, 21:13

Hey guys!

I'm new to the forum and somewhat new to PCan Explorer. I've only ever used it for very basic monitoring of J1939 parameters. So please forgive my ignorance.

My ultimate goal is to create a very simple graphical user interface for our technicians to use in the field to easily be able to interpret J1939 info (engine/transmission temperature, speed, etc.). I believe this can be done with one of the add-ins, but that add-in is not on the company list of available software. So I would like to find another way to do this, but I don't know where to start. I'm very experienced with VBA in Excel, so I'm not scared to learn VBS, but I don't know if that has the capabilities I need.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Logan
Logan

Re: Custom Graphical User Interface

Postby M.Maidhof » Mon 7. May 2018, 10:04

Hello Logan,

the Add-In Instruments Panel for PCAN-Explorer will be usefull for such an application. The Instruments Panel Add-in allows the graphical representation of digital and analog signals using different display instruments. It is possible to add this Add-In to your existing PCAN-Explorer license.

Another solution will be to use our PCANBasic API and build an own application for your needs. You can download that API package with code examples from our support website.

best regards

Michael
M.Maidhof
Support
Support

Return to Software

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy