[PCAN-UDS API] How to control N_Cs Time

This forum covers issues concerning multiple software products.

[PCAN-UDS API] How to control N_Cs Time

Postby hcyang1012 » Tue 29. May 2018, 00:13

Hello
I am writing an ECU software software with PCAN-UDS API.
I almost implemented update protocol, but there is a issue.

As I know, the tester(in my case, update software in my PC) sets N_Cs delay time to the value of Minimum Separation Time (STMIN) in the flow control message. Unfortunately, there is a case that both target ECU and Gateway just send this value to ZERO even the GW doesn't support this speed.

I tried to use SetValue() API to change the STMin value. But when I analyzed the log, N_Cs is still less than 1ms.
I am currently using PCAN-UDS / ISO-TP / PCAN-BASIC API and PEAK-USB device. I just downloaded library and driver yesterday from the website.

Is there any solution?
hcyang1012

Re: [PCAN-UDS API] How to control N_Cs Time

Postby K.Wagner » Tue 29. May 2018, 07:49

Hello,

the Separation Time (STmin) and the block size are parameters defined by the receiver (in your case the ECU/Gateway) and not by the sender (the Tester, i.e your update software).

A value of Zero means that the tester can sent packages as fast as it can to the ECU. The tester cannot command the ECU to use another value. Try changing the settings of the ECU/Gateway.
Best regards,
Keneth
K.Wagner
Software Development
Software Development

Postby hcyang1012 » Tue 29. May 2018, 08:57

Dear K.Wagner
Thank you very much for your response.

As you mentioned, I know that that value is determined by the receiver.
What I want to do is to delay the speed of TP transfer even the ECU returns STMin value to zero because we have some internal issues that we can't change ECU's software.

Does PCAN-UDS ans TP API have any APIs that force that delay?

Thank you very much.
hcyang1012

Postby K.Wagner » Tue 29. May 2018, 10:33

Hello,

hcyang1012 wrote:Does PCAN-UDS ans TP API have any APIs that force that delay?

Unfortunately not. The PCAN-ISO-TP and PCAN-UDS APIs strictly follow the protocol specifications and this would breakup the rules.
Best regards,
Keneth
K.Wagner
Software Development
Software Development

Return to Software

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy