PLIN-View: How to send a ID from master without databytes?

This forum covers issues concerning multiple software products.

PLIN-View: How to send a ID from master without databytes?

Postby hareeshj » Thu 6. Dec 2018, 18:37

I am using the “PCAN-USB Pro FD” along with “PLIN-View Pro” software. I configured the hardware to work as a publisher and I am able to monitor whatever I transmit on an oscilloscope. All this is working fine. Now, in my setup, I have configured my MCU as a LIN slave. I have configured it to respond to an ID of 0x30. The “PCAN-USB Pro FD” is still the “Publisher”. I would like it to just transmit the Synch break, Synch & ID fields and then let the slave automatically respond. However, I only see options 1 to 8 in the “Length” field of the Properties window, meaning there is no option to just transmit the Synch break, Synch & ID fields. What am I missing here?
hareeshj

Re: PLIN-View: How to send a ID from master without databyte

Postby hareeshj » Thu 6. Dec 2018, 21:09

I am not using a schedule table or anything. I will manually initiate the transmission of the ID field. All I want for the master (PCAN-USB-Pro) to do is to send the Synch-break, Synch & ID field and then the slave (my MCU) will respond with the data. How do I make the PCAN-USB-Pro do this?

In other words, how do I transmit a MASTER HEADER from PCAN-USB-Pro?
hareeshj

Re: PLIN-View: How to send a ID from master without databyte

Postby hareeshj » Thu 6. Dec 2018, 22:11

Found the information under "Help":

"For transmitting a LIN frame request (without data) on the LIN bus, the corresponding frame definition in the Global Frame Table must be defined as Subscriber or as SubscriberAutoLength and PLIN-View Pro must be connected to the LIN hardware as LIN Master"
hareeshj

Return to Software

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy