pcanview cannot detect my peak-can device

This forum covers issues concerning multiple software products.

pcanview cannot detect my peak-can device

Postby franem » Fri 29. Mar 2019, 17:22

Hello there,

I've tried to receive CAN messages using pcanview in linux debian but an error message appear and I cannot see any can message. The message is "No PCAN device found. Is the pcan driver loaded? (no such file or directory)"

Previously I've assured that pcan driver is present and working by typing the commands below:

$ grep PEAK_ /boot/config-`uname -r`
CONFIG_CAN_PEAK_PCMCIA=m
CONFIG_CAN_PEAK_PCI=m
CONFIG_CAN_PEAK_PCIEC=y
CONFIG_CAN_PEAK_USB=m

$ lsmod | grep ^can
can_dev 24576 1 peak_usb

Seeing this results i think my driver is working fine but something is wrong. Should i do anything more in order to get pcanview working propertly?

I've tried this solution in Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian 9.8. It's important to say that my Peak Usb cable worked fine on windows using pcanview and Busmaster.

Thanks. Regards.
franem

Re: pcanview cannot detect my peak-can device

Postby M.Maidhof » Mon 1. Apr 2019, 08:24

Hi,

PCAN-View for Linux needs the peak-linux-driver-8.x in chardev mode. You can download the driver and the manual for that driver on our Linux website: http://www.peak-system.com/fileadmin/me ... /index.htm

regards

Michael
M.Maidhof
Support
Support

Re: pcanview cannot detect my peak-can device

Postby franem » Mon 1. Apr 2019, 17:24

Thank you Michael,

The solution worked so I've been able to read from CAN using pcanview.

Thanks.
franem

Return to Software

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy