PCAN-USB connect to MCU TI SN65HVD232 transceiver not work

This forum covers issues concerning multiple hardware products.

PCAN-USB connect to MCU TI SN65HVD232 transceiver not work

Postby sapphira » Fri 4. Jan 2019, 01:06

I try to use PCAN-USB (002021-254917) to connect MCU (TI DSP with SN65HVD232 transceiver , that is 3.3V transceiver). But now I can't receive any CAN BUS Message from this MCU. But I can get the message using other can logic analyzer. I have some question about the voltage with PCAN and my transceiver. PCAN is 5V but my transceiver is 3.3V, is that affect the receiver? How can I do to get the message from my MCU?
Thanks!
sapphira

Re: PCAN-USB connect to MCU TI SN65HVD232 transceiver not wo

Postby U.Wilhelm » Fri 4. Jan 2019, 09:23

you send exact this request by E-mail ! please do NOT double post - you simply create workload for nothing !

we answered by E-Mail:
The IPEH-002021 use a High Speed compatible Transceiver (ISO 11898-2)
The used Transceiver in your Design is compatible (ISO 11898-2) – simply read the data Sheets and compare
Measuring CAN Frames with a Scope or logic analyzer does not means that Layer 2 work correct.
It shows you only Layer 1 ! Maybe Your module is in LO mode , Bitrate / Timing does not Fit, no Termination on wires etc.....
Typical basic CAN problems. please study CAN protocol and undertsnad how it works to solve your problem.
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------
U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Return to Hardware

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy