Attach multiple signals to object in Instruments Panel

Professional Windows® software to communicate with CAN and CAN FD busses and its add-ins: Plotter, CANdb Import, Instruments Panel, and J1939

Attach multiple signals to object in Instruments Panel

Postby kgibson123 » Wed 11. Oct 2017, 15:21

I'm currently using the Instruments Panel add-in with PCAN-Explorer 6. I'm trying to represent the X and Y positions of a joystick using a horizontal slider and a vertical slider. The J1939 message associated with this has signals for X Axis Position Magnitude, X Axis Positive Status, Negative Status and Neutral Status. It also has these signals for the Y axis as well.
Right now I can associate the horizontal slider with X Axis Position Magnitude. However, I would like to set the signals associated with the sign of the value as well depending on the position of the slider (use the slider like an actual x-axis with positive and negative values). Is there a way to do this?
kgibson123

Re: Attach multiple signals to object in Instruments Panel

Postby U.Wilhelm » Wed 11. Oct 2017, 16:35

You need to use a simple macro to calculate for each axis a internal signal that represent a simple value (-xx to +yy) which then could be used with a slider. For that you need to calculate this signal by using the different values of one axe. If you send us a email to our support[at]peak-system.com with your used serial number (do not post the serial number here !!) and the PGN Symbols, we could try to help you .
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------
U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Postby kgibson123 » Wed 11. Oct 2017, 21:40

Thank you for the reply. I think I figured it out now. I use a macro to create a signal and apply the slider to it. I then periodically check the value of the slider to see if it is a positive, negative or zero. Based on this I set the magnitude, and sign fields of my outgoing joystick message.
kgibson123

Postby U.Wilhelm » Thu 12. Oct 2017, 07:19

That´s exact what you need to do ! If you are interested in our Macro Sample package, send a short e-mail to our support, we could send you the download link. In the package you will find many scripting samples for the PE6.
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------
U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Return to PCAN-Explorer 6 & Add-ins

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy