Licensing Request

Professional Windows® software to communicate with CAN and CAN FD busses and its add-ins: Plotter, CANdb Import, Instruments Panel, and J1939

Licensing Request

Postby Techteam » Mon 11. Feb 2019, 10:49

Good Morning

I was wondering if I could ask for a functionality change with the licensing or you could explain a workaround or what I am doing wrong. We have several copies of PCAN Explorer with the USB dongle. I would like to be able to use all the dongles on all the PC's so I don't have to know what computer requires what dongle, I can just grab a dongle and know that it will work. At the moment I seem to be able to have only one license file in the folder and if I insert the wrong dongle it asks me for the corresponding dongle to the license from install. Is there a way to have all our license files in the folder and then just the dongle controls the licensing and not the license file. I hope I made this clear.

Kindest Regards

TT
Techteam

Re: Licensing Request

Postby U.Wilhelm » Mon 11. Feb 2019, 11:15

If you want a "swappable" solution, all red protection dongles should use the same License ID. The License ID and the installer License File are always "paired". Contact our supprt team (support[at]peak-system.com) - we could change for your protection key the License code, so that you could use any usb key on any PC. Only restriction is, that all Licenses that should be converted to one License code, have all the same AddIns.
--------------------------------
PEAK-System Technik
Technical Support Team
support@peak-system.com
-------------------------------
U.Wilhelm
Sales & Support
Sales & Support

Re: Licensing Request

Postby Techteam » Mon 11. Feb 2019, 11:55

Thankyou

I will gather up the dongles and speak to Support, maybe we will order a few more now as well now we can do this.

Regards

TT
Techteam

Return to PCAN-Explorer 6 & Add-ins

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy