Dynamically change channel speed

6-Channel CAN FD Interface for High-Speed USB 2.0

Dynamically change channel speed

Postby rgonzalez » Fri 29. Jun 2018, 11:39

I am using a PCAN-USB X6 to get messages from 6 different CAN. I have configured all 6 channels manually using PCAN Nets Configuration tool and can communicate properly
Now I need to communicate with another system with 6 CAN, but some communicate using diferent speeds.
Can I modify the channels configuration programatically? I can do it manualy, but this configuration change must be transparent to the user.
Thank you in advance.
rgonzalez

Re: Dynamically change channel speed

Postby M.Maidhof » Fri 29. Jun 2018, 12:54

Hi,

when using PCAN Nets Configuration, it looks like you are using the API from the PCAN-Developer package. With this API you can change the network settings or even generate new networks dynamically. Have a look into the help system of the PCAN-Developer package for more details.

best regards

Michael
M.Maidhof
Support
Support

Postby rgonzalez » Mon 2. Jul 2018, 14:42

Hi,

We are not using PCAN-Developer, we use PCAN-BASIC. We use de PCAN Nets Configuration that comes with PCAN Explorer.
We want to configure automatically the 6 channels with the appropiate bit rate when we connect it to different CAN devices.

Is there any way for doing this with our resources?

Thank you in advance.
rgonzalez

Postby M.Maidhof » Mon 2. Jul 2018, 14:47

Hi,

when using the PCANBasic API, there is no need to configure networks with PCAN Nets Configuration. The PCAN networks will be automatically generated by the PCANBasic.dll with the baudrate of the CAN_Initialize() parameters.

BTW: configuring a network will not initialize the hardware. The hardware will be initialized with the baudrate as soon as the first application will use one of those configured networks.

regards

Michael
M.Maidhof
Support
Support

Return to PCAN-USB X6

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy