Selecting an interface and a software tool

This forum is for all topics that do not fit into the other ones

Selecting an interface and a software tool

Postby MpeakJ » Tue 19. Jan 2016, 11:57

Hi,
I am a starter with CANopen bus system. I am looking to sniff into the CANOpen Bus, read the data onto the laptop and process the data to display it graphically.

I am confused with the various products. Initially I thought that PCAN-USB would be a good choice. It comes with PCAN_View and PCAN-Basic API. But after looking into PCAN_Router which could be programmed to filter the data, I am confused.

Can someone please help me out?

My task is to read the CANOpen Bus which runs from a microcontroller to a motor controller and display the rpm, current etc over time as a graphical representation on the laptop.

Kindly suggest me which one would be ideal for my task.

Thanks in advance.
MpeakJ

Re: Selecting an interface and a software tool

Postby M.Maidhof » Tue 19. Jan 2016, 15:27

Hi,

for your application, PCAN-USB and PCANBasic API will be the right choice. The PCAN-Router don´t offer a PC interface, so the PCAN-Router is a helpfull tool when you have to do a filtering or CAN baudrate switch or data manipulation without having a PC running all the time.

regards

Michael
M.Maidhof
Support
Support

Return to Miscellaneous

This website uses cookies for analytics, for logins to the online shop and the forum, and for the handling of an order. By browsing this website you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information on their use can be found in our privacy policy.

OKPrivacy Policy